MidSouth Power League
On behalf of Fatchmo Volley, I would like to personally welcome you to the second year of the MidSouth Power League (MSPL). The MSPL has been created to allow teams another opportunity to play volleyball in a competitive atmosphere without the expense and time associated with traveling to more tournaments. This season, matches will mainly take place at the Don Owens Sports Complex in Conway and also McGhee Center in Conway.
I’m open to your feedback on how to improve the MSPL. Let’s cheer on all of the athletes as they participate!
Playing Schedules & Format
MSPL playing schedules will generally be posted the Thursday prior to playing dates on the Power League section of the Fatchmo Volley website.
|February 9, 2013||Open MSPL|
|February 16, 2013||Open MSPL|
|March 2, 2013||Open MSPL|
|March 30, 2013||Open MSPL|
MSPL Cost, Dates, & Location
Cost: Cost to participate in the MSPL is $70 per team per date for Fatchmo teams and $80 for non-Fatchmo teams. There is space for 48 teams each date. Participation is based on a first come first serve basis.
- Arkansas Stars
- Batesville Aces
- Benton-Bryant JO
- Bryant Juniors Volleyball
- Club Verde
- Code Blue
- Fatchmo Volley
- Golden Suns
- Greenbrier Volley
- Hot Springs Juniors
- Little Rock Juniors
- Pulaski Diamonds
- Spa City
Don Owens Sport Center
10 Lower Ridge Road
Conway, AR 72032
- All events are 1 day (Saturday) and will consist of:
- a morning (AM) Wave from 8 am – 1 pm
- an afternoon (PM) Wave from 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Each team competes in one Wave and has the rest of the day free!
- Matches will be 2 games with no caps.
Officiating & Scorekeeping
- Participating teams will be assigned officiating and scorekeeping tasks in the same manner as in a normal tournament.
- Score flippers will be used to track scoring. Official score sheets will not be used.
- Each team must provide an up and down ref, 2 line judges, and 1 people to score flip when they are assigned to ref.
- No cell phones allowed at the scorer’s tables.
- Please make sure your team is ON TIME for their officiating and scorekeeping assignment.
The MidSouth Power League will be divided into age groups typical of any tournament. We may combine two age groups into one division to complete a pool. For instance, 17′s/18′s may compete against each other.
Non-matching uniforms may be used at the first event if your club uniforms have not yet arrived. Otherwise, approved USAV uniforms are required.
The Fatchmo Volley MidSouth Power League is sanctioned by the Delta Region of USAV and open to all registered teams.
Format may be adjusted should the ideal number of teams not be reached per age group. Our goal is to have pools of 4 in order to play as much as possible!
ONLY WATER BOTTLES FOR PLAYERS ARE ALLOWED INSIDE THE FACILTY.
No special requests for participation in a specific Wave can be approved due to the nature of the schedule. The Libero is permitted to serve. All other Delta Region rules apply.